Top 9 Best 50-Inch TVs/Media entertainment has attained great prominence since the last few decades. Gone were the days when people relish just by listening to the radio or playing their favorite outdoor games. In this contemporary era, the trend of watching TV broadcasts on a widescreen display is getting more and more common. For an average-sized family with members willing to watch TV shows or movies together, the 50-inch TVs are usually the best option. The 48-49-50 inch sizes in TVs are getting prevalent in this era. If there is no much space concern in your home or office, then you can consider buying the best 50-inch TVs.
In addition to looking at the features offered, it is a decent idea to first evaluate your needs and budget. Once this is done, you can consider picking these units based on the features offered. For starters, with 48 to 50 inches TVs, the screen resolution is indeed essential. The best part of such TVs is you can relish several smart features and advanced functionalities. They boast aesthetic appearance with a reliable working platform ranging from the menu interface to remote control. Now you can pick the best 50-inch TVs based on your needs by reading below:
(As you may know, there are not too many great 50-inch TVs in the market to review. Therefore, we decided to includes 49-inch TVs in this review as well.)
List Of Best 50-Inch TVs
Samsung UN50NU7100 Flat 50″ 4K UHD 7 Series Smart TV 2018
Belonging from the world-famous brand Samsung, this smart TV will let you feel the best 50-inch TV watching experience. The PurColor allows you to relish millions of hues of colors, properly adjusted to create a wonderfully dynamic picture. The 120Hz of motion rate facilitates a flawless act on the swift-moving content. The HDR feature allows viewing dramatic content along with support for HDR10+. The beautifully slim design is represented for conveying a stylish aesthetic. With the incorporated smart functionalities, you can easily retrieve your streaming content from a single place. This is possible by the use of the remote control from this brand. It will be easy to elevate from full high definition through the lucidity of the NU7100.
Now you can get the 4 times the full HD TV’s resolution. This Samsung TV proves to be a clear improvement for your preferred content. The best part is the viewers can relish subtle details concealed in the shadows of color and darkness with accurate lighting that showcases a lifelike picture.
Samsung 7 Series NU7100 50" - Flat 4K UHD Smart LED TV (2018)
- Your purchase includes One Samsung 7 Series NU7100 50" - Flat 4K UHD Smart LED TV (2018), One remote TM1240A with batteries, One power cable and One User Manual
- TV Size without Stand: 44.3"W x 25.6"H x 2.4"D. TV Size with Stand: 44.3” W x 28.7” H x 10.3” D. TV Weight: 30 lb
- Screen size: 49.5" Measured Diagonally. Resolution 3,840 x 2,160. Stand Size 1.7" W x 7.8" H x 10.3" D
- An elegant slim design for a modern look you will admire. Enjoy millions of shades of color, fine-tuned to create an incredibly vibrant picture, which along the 120 Motion Rate, allows you to enjoy smooth action on fast moving content.
- Please note the differences between the UN75NU7100 and the UN75NU710D; NU7100: Dark gray stand color, 450 nits HDR sustained brightness, Mega Dynamic Contrast; NU710D: Charcoal black stand color, 430 nits HDR sustained brightness, Ultra Dynamic Contrast. Both models do not support Bluetooth.
VIZIO 50-Inch 4K UHD HDR Home Theater Display M50-E1
The contemporarily designed home theater display from Vizio introduces the ultra HD HDR XLED Plus Display. This device belongs to the VIZIO SmartCast M-Series. Its operation is being driven by the XLED Plus. Besides, the critical aspect includes VIZIO’s efficient full-array local dimming backlight technology. This improves the picture quality with impressive brightness, enthralling color, glowing contrast, and noticeably deep blacks.
Through the HDR10 and Dolby Vision support, the XHDR Plus allows a broad range of contrast. This range will reveal details usually lost into the shadows and highlights. The included Ultra Color Spectrum presents more than 1 billion colors. They will produce richer, more vivid details. The Xtreme Black Engine Plus utilizes the 32 local dimming zones to easily vary brightness to the displayed image. In this way, the prominently deep black levels and the 4K Ultra HD generates realistic clarity.
VIZIO M50-E1 SmartCast 50" 4K UHD HDR XLED Plus Display
- XLED Plus VIZIO's high-performance full-array local dimming backlight technology delivers superior brightness performance, color consistency, and more responsive picture.
- XHDR Plus Superior HDR technology with Dolby Vision and HDR10 content support. Experience a wider range of contrast, revealing details often lost in the shadows and highlights.
- Ultra Color Spectrum Over 1 billion colors delivers every hue and tone with impeccable accuracy for a vivid and beautiful picture.
- Xtreme Black Engine Plus With 32 local dimming zones, dynamically adapts the backlight brightness to the on-screen image to produce incredibly deep black levels.
- 4K Ultra HD Picture Enjoy every scene in breathtaking detail and clarity with over 8 million pixels, 4x the resolution of 1080p Full HD.
Hisense 50H8F 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV
Hisense presented one of the best 50-inch TVs on the market for the ultimate benefits of the viewers. The ULED technologies from this brand amplify color, brightness, contrast, and also offer a smooth motion. All these aspects assist in improving the picture quality. It is certain that your chosen content will always be in front and center. There is a built-in Google Assistant allowing you to instantly access media entertainment, receive answers, and regulate devices present around home. All these will be done in your own voice. The implementation of the Dolby Vision HDR + HDR10 offers high dynamic range. This range will add details, spectacular color, brightness, and contrast.
The maximum 60 full-array local dimming zones present a more excellent contrast range and higher color accuracy. The broad color gamut provides an extensive range of more than billions of colors to depict a realistic picture. The Motion Rate 240 removes lags for flawless motion. Therefore, the viewers will be able to maintain pace with fast-action scenes.
Hisense 50H8F 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Android Smart ULED TV HDR10 (2019)
- Hisense’s ULED technologies amplifies color, contrast, brightness and provides smooth motion— raising the bar for picture quality
- Your favorite content is always front and center to binge-watch or pick up where you left off with android TV
- With the Google Assistant built in, you can quickly access entertainment, get answers, and control devices around your home—all with just your voice
- Dolby vision HDR + HDR10 provides high dynamic range which adds details, dramatic color, contrast and brightness
- Up to 60 full array local dimming zones provides a higher contrast range and color accuracy
- Wide color gamut delivers an expanded range of a billion+ colors to display a more life-like picture
- Motion rate 240 eliminates lags for smooth motion so you can keep up with fast-action scenes
- Dual-band Wifi and Bluetooth
TCL 50″ Class 5-Series 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR Roku Smart TV – 50S525
In this 4K UHD smart TV from TCL, there are many aspects working combined to make it one of the best 50-inch TVs. These characteristics are the efficiently working picture performance, Dolby Vision, the premium HDR experience, and the TCL’s HDR Performance Pro suite of innovative technologies. Consequently, the output will consist of advanced contrast & brightness and more precise colors.
Not just in terms of performance but this TV excels in terms of design as well. The corresponding FullView display, the dark finish, and crystal eye power button make this unit sophisticated. This will give you a home theater type f experience. You will be able to watch your favorite content in the best way. The contained tuner allows you relish free over-the-air channels. With your own voice, you can easily change channels, movie titles, inputs, etc.
Amazon Best Seller
TCL 50" Class 5-Series 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR Roku Smart TV - 50S525
- Smart functionality offers access to thousands of streaming channels featuring more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of Dolby Vision high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- Product Size (WxHxD) with Stand: 43.8" x 28.0" x 10.0", 23.6 lbs || Product Size (WxHxD) without stand: 43.8" x 25.5" x 3.1", 23.1 lbs
- Inputs: 4 HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 (one with HDMI ARC), 1 USB (media player), RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out, Ethernet
- Auto game mode automatically enhances performance by offering the smoothest action, lowest latency and the best picture settings for gaming
- Easy Voice Control: Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Roku Search
Samsung Electronics UN49MU7000 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
The realistic pictures are represented at the output with the broad spectrum of lifelike color and contrast in this TV. You will relish a lifelike experience with the deeper shades of black. It allows you to watch the output with four times the resolution of full HD. Furthermore, you would explore an intuitive TV experience with the use of Smart Hub. It will smartly sense your connected device and allows you to control different functionalities with the Samsung OneRemote. This remote will automatically detect and control all the connected devices. Not just connected devices but you can also control the content without any manual programming.
It will be straightforward to search and play your preferred TV shows, movies, sports, games, music, etc. by using the Samsung Smart Hub. The 4K Color Drive Pro showcases a broad spectrum of lifelike colors, facilitating a more genuine picture.
Samsung Electronics UN49MU7000 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
- 4K Color Drive Pro reveals a wider spectrum of realistic colors, creating a more authentic picture.
- See a wider range of color and contrast than full HD with 4K HDR Pro.
- One Remote automatically detects and controls all your connected devices and content with no manual programming required*.
- Smooth action on fast-moving content with Motion Rate 120
Samsung Electronics UN50MU6300 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
The Samsung MU6300 Ultra HDTV is one of the best 50-inch TVs on the market. It fundamentally redefines the viewing experience by creating a multicolored High Dynamic Range (HDR) picture. The combination of the Smart TV user-interface (UI) from Samsung and OneRemote with voice navigation ability plays an important role. This combination offers quick access to your preferred streaming content choices and more.
The overall design is made lavish and sleek to convey a sense of stylishness. All these benefits are presented at an affordable price. Through the 4K color Drive, colors are pure and vibrant. Therefore, they offer a lifelike viewing experience. You will be surprised to note that even the darkest scenes shows rich details. In this way, it promises a more immersive viewing experience. Even the fast-moving content will be represented with smooth action.
Samsung Electronics UN50MU6300 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
- 4X more pixels than Full HD means you’re getting 4X the resolution, so you’ll clearly see the difference.
- See vibrant and pure color for a realistic experience.
- OneRemote automatically detects and controls all your connected devices and content with no manual programming required*.
- Smooth action on fast-moving content with Motion Rate 120
- Please note the differences between the MU6300 and the MU630D. MU6300: Black cabinet, 450 nits HDR sustained brightness, Mega Dynamic Contrast MU630D: Dark Titan cabinet, 430 nits HDR sustained brightness, Ultra Dynamic Contrast
Samsung QN49Q70RAFXZA Flat 49-Inch QLED 4K Q70 TV
In the working of this flat 49-ich TV from the famous brand, the full array backlighting is the critical aspect. It shows beautiful blacks and luminous whites within scenes. The smart 4K processor upscales the picture and also optimizes every scene. The reason why it is one of the best 50-inch TVs on this list is you could not look away from. The credit for the same goes to the Ambient Mode. Its working operation smartly tunes colors and black levels. Consequently, lifelike, vivid picture details will be shown. This Samsung TV will complement your space by transforming a blank screen into appealing visuals.
There is a functionality of 100% color volume with quantum dots. These dots offer more than a billion shades of vivid color. Additionally, they offer 100% color volume for outstanding depth of detail to ultimately convey the best 4k TV experience.
Samsung Q70 Series 49-Inch Smart TV, Flat QLED 4K UHD HDR - 2019 Model
- Your purchase includes One Samsung Q70 Series 49-Inch Smart TV, Flat QLED 4K UHD HDR - 2019 Model, One Remote TM1950C with batteries, Power Cable and User Manual
- TV Dimensions: Without Stand – 43.1" W x 24.9" H x 2.5" D .With Stand 43.1" W x 27.9" H x 9.8" D. Product Weight – 30 lb. Screen Size – 48.5" Measured Diagonally
- Mini Wall & VESA (200 x 200) mount compatibility. Dolby Sound and Woofer included, Output (RMS) – 40W & Speaker Type – 2.1CH
- Powered by Quantum dots, Samsung’s 4K QLED TV offers over a billion shades of brilliant color and 100% color volume for exceptional depth of detail that will draw you in to the picture for the best 4K TV experience
- Inputs/outputs: HDMI – 4. USB – 2. Ethernet (LAN) and Optical Digital Audio Out Included
TCL 50S425 50 Inch 4K Smart LED Roku TV (2019)
With the use of the TCL 50S425 TV, it is possible to transform your smartphone or tablet into a functional Roku remote. This is possible through the use of voice control. Using this remote, you can browse existing channels or add new channels, and listen to TV audio on headphones plugged to your mobile device. Actually, this 4-Series 4K TCL Roku TV allows you to watch all your favorite content. This is because it supports more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes. All these contents are made accessible via a simple interface. TCL considered making the overall design sleek and modern to complement your decor.
Names of the inputs supported are three HDMI 2.0 ports with HDCP 2.2, a USB (media player), Composite, RF, optical audio out, headphone jack, and Ethernet. To let users relish the smart functionalities, TCL allowed it to be compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant.
Amazon Best Seller
TCL 50S425 50 Inch 4K Smart LED Roku TV (2019)
- Direct lit LED produces great picture quality | Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant | Dual-band Wi-Fi & Ethernet port
- TV Dimensions | Without Stand – 44.1" W x 25.7" H x 3.2" D | With Stand – 44.1" W x 28" H x 8" D | Stand Separation distance – 39.6” | Refresh rate – 120 Hz CMI | Wall mount – 200 millimeter x 200 millimeter VESA | Panel resolution – 3840 x 2160
- Pairs 4K ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of high dynamic Range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- Smart functionality delivers all your favorite content with over 500,000 movies and TV episodes, accessible through the simple and intuitive Roku TV
- Inputs/outputs: HDMI – 3 | USB – 1 | Ethernet – 1 | RF Input – 1 | SPDIF Digital Audio Optical – 1 | Audio Output Headphone – 1 | AV Input – Composite Video + L&R Audio In
Samsung UN50RU7100FXZA Flat 50-Inch TV
Holding the position of the best 50-inch TVs in this list of best TVs, you will indulge in immersive TV viewing experience. The entire TV’s performance is being optimized by the powerful 4K UHD processor. This is done successfully by upscaling every season, show, and scene with the 4K picture quality. You will be able to watch all your favorite entertainment according to your wishes. Also, you will admire its 4k picture quality represented in each scene. You will experience more than TV, with an included dashboard for flawlessly controlling your smart home devices. There is an easy-to-understand on-screen guide to easily find live TV shows and streaming content.
SAMSUNG UN50RU7100FXZA Flat 50-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model)
- Product Dimensions: W/ Stand: 44.3" W x 10.3" D x 28.7" H | W/o Stand: 44.3" W x 2.3" D x 25.6" H
- 4K UHD Processor: Powerful 4K UHD Processor Optimizes Your TV’s Performance by Upscaling Every Show, Season, and Scene With 4K Picture Quality
- Intel Celeron Processor N3060, 1.6 GHz to 2.48 GHz
- Purcolor Reveals Spectrums of Color: Millions of Shades of Color Reveal a Vibrant, Lifelike Picture That Conventional Hdtv Can’t Create
- Smart TV Features: Simple on screen universal guide to find streaming content and live TV shows, OneRemote to control all compatible devices, smart speaker expandability with Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, and more
- Sleek, Slim Design: Modern and Polished, the Sleek Design Naturally Fills the Contours of Your Space with Refined Design
- System-DTV Tuner: ATSC/Clear QAM, Digital Broadcasting: ATSC/Clear QAM, Analog Tuner: Yes
How To Buy The Best 50-Inch Tvs?
It always soothes your mind when you watch your favorite content on the widescreen TV display. Generally, it is tough to make a decision on a new piece of electronics devices. This is especially true if you have limited knowledge of the same. With lots of factors to consider before buying a TV, it becomes actually challenging to pick the best one. The present market is filled with lots of different TV models with different sizes, features, resolution, and many more aspects. The present discussion is solely centered on how to pick the best 50-inch TVs. To know exactly how to purchase such TVs, read below:
Follow These Quick Tips
If you are among those customers who are in a hurry to make the decision, then the below tips help the most to simplify the selection process. Take a look at these tips:
- It is essential to make sure you do not buy a TV unit which is lower than 4K resolution.
- Avoid buying the 1080p sets if you intend to have a long durable set.
- Try picking these TVs with the HDR-compatible set that presents elegant contrast and lifelike colors.
- Make sure you always buy a 50-inch TV with more than a 120Hz refresh rate or at least 120Hz refresh rate
- Try avoiding looking at the contrast-ratio specifications because some manufacturers may alter the figures. Therefore, make sure to believe in your own eyes.
- The curved TVs shown in the advertisements are usually fashioned statements since they do not provide decent image quality.
- Always consider the presence of at least four HDMI ports.
- Some TV units are recognized as smart TVs in the current era because they present easy access to Netflix and multiple online apps. But you must not be fooled by the fact that this is really a big deal.
Pick The Appropriate Screen Size
Though you may consider for a simple or a high-performance TV, the critical factor relating to your decision is the size of the screen. First of all, you have to consider the number of people residing in your family who prefer to watch TV all at once. After deciding this aspect, you have to determine where you would like to position the new set inside your home. Once this is determined, you can choose an appropriate screen size that is sufficiently big to fit in the provided space conveniently. After all, the selection of the proper screen size ultimately relies on your budget.
Generally, the ‘sweet spot’ after evaluating the price, performance and living room setting is in the range of 55 and 65 inches. The selection of the screen size relies on the distance present between you and the TV. In simple terms, it suggests choosing a screen size based on how close you or your family people sit in front of the television.
The Screen Resolution
In simple terms, the resolution denotes the intensity of the TV picture, i.e., its sharpness. It is usually evaluated in terms of the pixels’ horizontal lines. But they are unique, and therefore, it is better to stay away from it. However, a deal HD set could support only a 720p. It indicates that the set displays only 720 lines of pixels scanned consistently yet progressively or also in a single line in a pass. The majority of the best 50 inches LED TVs usually provide an unparalleled viewing experience.
On the market, there are multiple 50-inches HD TVs which provide the 1080p HD format. The present modern era indicates that it is better to jump ahead of 1080p sets as well. The reason behind this is there are many TV manufacturers who are continuously shifting quickly from HDTVs to adopting the Ultra HD sets. While comparing the new HDTV screens, the 4K models showcase four times the number of pixels. These pixels aptly illuminate sharply and clearly.
For ease of understanding, the benefits of buying 4K TVs are the small objects seen on the screen. They let you pay attention to detail, including sharper fonts and text. As a whole, the images will be shown in a lifelike manner, more clearly than a regular HDTV.
Consider The Higher Refresh Rate
The refresh rate of any TV is expressed in Hertz (Hz), and it depicts the number of times per second a picture is getting refreshed on the screen. Typically, the acceptable refresh rate is approximately 60 times per second, i.e., 60 Hz. When the objects persist in moving swiftly and rapidly, a 60 Hz refresh rate could make the visuals look blurry. This especially holds true for the LCD HDTVs. Therefore, in order to create a consistently moving and solid like picture, TV manufacturers increased the refresh rate. Some of these manufacturers have considered doubling the refresh rate, i.e., from 60Hz to 120Hz.
There are not so many per-second images available in the content of the original video. Therefore, the 50-inch TVs usually tend to manage faster refresh rates in many different ways. One of the best ways is to merely lace black images amid the initial pictures where it tricks the eyes of viewers into observing a less blurry picture.
Availability Of Ports And Connections
At first, many people usually overlook considering the inclusion of ports and connections. However, it is critical to pay attention to this matter. You need to consider the number of HDMI inputs your chosen 50-inch TV set has. There are many TV manufacturers that focus on saving the costs with a lesser amount of HDMI plugs on the back part of the set. Such ports can end up being used instantly. For example, for supplementing a soundbar, a Chromecast, Roku, or a game console. Therefore, you can quickly realize that you have already used three ports.
Big-inch TVs are in trend. You will find them in homes, offices, bars, clubs, schools, meeting areas, cafes, and many other places. They are famous for their good size, amazing look, and the images and pictures are more realistic. To keep up with the demands, manufacturers have released many kinds of televisions. Some have been in the market for several years while others were launched recently. Like other products, not all TVs are great. Some will actually frustrate you from the word go. And to help you find the best, we analyzed the market and were able to identify the above as the best 50-inch TVs. So, after reading this review, which one do you think is the best?