At a glance......
- 1 List Of Best Glass Cutters
- 1.1 Toyo Pistol Grip Glass Cutter, Assorted Colors
- 1.2 Uxcell 5mm-12mm Black Pencil Oil Feed Carbide Tip Glass Cutter Cutting Tool
- 1.3 Toyo Acrylic Comfort Grip Glass Cutter TC1P Pencil Style
- 1.4 Perfect Score Professional Heavy Duty Metal Handle Oil Feed Glass Cutter
- 1.5 Uxcell Skidproof Handle Steel Blade Oil Feed Glass Cutter Tool
- 1.6 Studio Pro Pistol Grip Glass Cutter With Oil Reservoir
- 1.7 Pistol Grip Oil Feed Glass Cutter – Heavy Duty Perfect
- 1.8 CRL TOYO Original Supercutter Metal Handle Straight Head Oil Cutter
- 1.9 Toyo Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
- 1.10 Custom-Grip Supercutter – Glass Cutter – Assorted Colors
- 2 How To Pick The Best Glass Cutter
- 3 Why Should You Go For The Reviewed Glass Cutter?
User Review( votes)
glass cutters for bottles/A glass cutter is a tool used to make a shallow score on one surface of a piece of glass that is to be broken into two pieces. The scoring makes a split in the surface of the glass which encourages the glass to break along the score. Regular, annealed glass can be broken apart this way but not tempered glass as the latter tends to shatter rather than breaking cleanly into two pieces.
I talked about glass coffee mugs. For those who missed, I looked at the best glass coffee mug on the market which I made a list of the best of the best. Today, having woken up in a writing mood, I am going to talk about something slightly different; the glass cutters. Having worked as a glazier for over a decade, I must admit that the job turns fun when using the right tools. A glass cutter, being one of my commonly used tools, is not exceptional. For the decade, I have had enough experience with different products. Therefore, I am going to review the best glass cutters. The list below is the best-rated I have known so far.
List Of Best Glass Cutters
After years of wasting money on inferior products, I had to inquire from my friend about the best glass cutter to go for. Having used this one for a while, he didn’t hesitate to advise me to give it a shot. Coming with a tap wheel technology, this one could at least account for my money. Also, it made glass cutting easier and more fun. However, it didn’t come with the oil; I had to incur an additional cost on that. Being one of the easy-to-use glass cutters, I didn’t see a significant issue as to why I should leave it in my top 10 list.
- Tap wheel technology
- Assorted colors, color specification not available
- Pack of 1 cutter
- Authentic Toyo cutter
Having used the Studio Pro Pistol Grip Glass cutter for quite a long time, I had to find another cutter. Not because it could no longer do the work correctly, but to cut the monotony of using the same item over and over. Therefore I got this product. What I liked about the cutter is the pistol grip shape that reduced my wrist fatigue; I could now do the work for as long as I wanted. Last but not least, the self-oiling made cutting easier while the consistent scoreline meant a better outcome.
- 【Size】Large range of cutting, can cut glass with thickness of 5-12mm; 6.6" (168mm) total length.
- 【Carbide Glass Cutter Wheel】With high hardness, sharp cutting, and the shaft is made of high strength alloy steel to ensure smooth operation and durable to use.
- 【Cutter Head】It can be rotated 360 degrees, which is convenient and easy to replace. The head and handle is connected with premium spring, anti-shock, natural telescopic and the oil comes out evenly and smoothly.
- 【Pencil Style Handle】Non-sip metal handle combines ergonomic design to provide comfortable holding. (The inner hollow can be filled with cutting oil)
- 【Widely Application】Perfect for DIY projects and household uses, ideal tool for stained glass, tiles, mirror cutting.
After having a better experience with my first Toyo glass cutter, I was convinced that getting another Toyo glass cutter would turn a perfect deal. Therefore, I found myself settling for this glass cutter.
Coming individually, this cutter allowed me to check the oil level through the clear handle easily. Coming position eight on my list, I found the durability of this cutter as merely unsurpassed.
- Stained Glass Pencil Glass Cutter
- Makes clean scores for all your stained glass projects
- Lexan chamber for oil
- Lightweight with a tapered barrel. Long Lasting Cutter
- Note that colors may vary.
Being one of the most preferred products, I was eager to find the reason behind that. Believe me; it deserves a high preference. Furthermore, it features a pencil style hand grip for more comfort. Also, the durable brass body makes it one of the most durable glass cutters while the gold color provides it with an amazing look. For self-oiling, I needed to apply slight pressure on the tool.
- Features pencil style hand grip
- Durable brass body
- Glass cutter is self oiling when pressure is applied
- Glass cutting head is replaceable
- Cutting wheel is made of durable carbide
After working as a glazier for some good time, it was time for my friend to try something else from another field. Not because the job was hard for him or boring, but because he wanted to try something different when still in his youthful days. Therefore, he handed over this glass cutter to me. Having heard him give it many praises, I knew that it was the perfect time for me to find it out for myself!
Coming in gold-tone color, I began to realize that color is an accurate reflection of its performance. Last but not least, the cartridge wheel blade made cutting easier and consistent while the metallic handle gives it the durability of nature.
- Product Name : Glass Cutter;Features : Oil Feed Design
- Material : Material;Metal Head and Handle : Metal Head and Handle
- Carbide Wheel : Carbide Wheel;Size : 6.75" x 0.5'' (L x W)
- Color : Gold Tone, Silver Tone;Weight : 68.2g
- Package Content : 1 x Glass Cutter
I still remember the day, 15th August, when I found this high-quality glass cutter amongst the pile of gifts I received from friends. Well, being one of my special days, my birthday, I knew that my friends would at least present something to me, but I didn’t expect to be this kind of gift.
The next day, 16th August, I resumed my workplace. Also, it was the first day of using this glass cutter. Just like the uxcell glass cutter, it features a pistol grip for improved user comfort. Furthermore, the free-rolling wheel makes a consistent scoreline while the self-oiling feature made the cutting work easier.
- Pistol grip shape reduces wrist fatigue
- Self-oiling for a free rolling wheel and consistent score line
- Carbide steel wheel outlasts conventional cutters
- Cutter heads are replaceable
Pistol Grip Oil Feed Glass Cutter – Heavy Duty Perfect
Coming forth on my list, I found this as one of the best glass cutters on the market. Coming with a durable wheel made of carbide steel, I saw it as one of the most durable glass cutters to have ever used. Also, the pistol grip shape eliminates wrist fatigue while the self-oiling feature allows for the free-rolling of the wheel for a consistent scoreline.
Being one of the sharpest cutter, I only needed to apply less effort to make a scoreline. Also, this made the whole work less tiresome hence more fun. Lastly, I also found it perfect for cutting mirrors, stained glass, and more.
- Factory outlet super cutters outlast other cutters by up to 25 times the wheel is made of durable carbide steel that outlasts conventional cutters
- Pistol grip shape reduces wrist fatigue self-oiling for a free rolling wheel and consistent score line
- Ultrasonic Welding - 100 percent lock the lube, and the cutter head is replaceable
- PERFECT FOR CUTTING GLASS & OTHER DIY PROJECTS - Including Cutting Mirrors, Windows, Glass Shelves, Stained Glass, and More!
- Oil Feed Glass Cutter - Notice: Inject 1/4 the oil in the oil tank, do not top up, Avoid oil spills.
Marking entry into the top three best glass cutters, I bought this one out of my great enthusiasm for CRL products. Being one of the best products in the industry, CRL TOYO Original SuperCutter Metal Handle Straight Head Oil Cutter possesses several features that make it among the top 3;
On top of that, it has the most durable wheel in an easily replaceable cutting head. Having made to last for years, it makes clean score lines for a perfect outcome. Also, the lubricated oil dispensing system helps to keep the wheel lubricated for outstanding performance. Lastly, the handle provides a comfortable grip when still doubling up as a reservoir.
- Traditional Straight Handle Oil Cutter with Straight Cutting Head
- Self-Lubricating for Long Wheel Life
- All Metal Handle
As aforesaid, in my career, I have always found Toyo glass cutters to possess friendly features that make glass cutting easy. This being one of the Toyo glass cutters, it is not exceptional. Though sold individually, it outperforms some of the cutters that come as a pair. Just like other Toyo glass cutters, it features replaceable heads and a wheel made of durable carbide to deliver years of a great experience. Furthermore, the sharp wheel cuts under minimum effort making it one of the user-friendly on the market.
- Toyo’s patented Tap-Wheel Technology adds a micro-vibration as the wheel rotates
- Toyo's Tap- Wheel Technology results in easier breakouts, cleaner edges, less hand fatigue and a longer lasting tool
- The Tap wheel is made of durable carbide steel that outlasts conventional cutters
- Tap-Wheel Cutter heads are replaceable
- Sold individually. Assorted colors, we apologize, color specification is currently not available
Scooping the top position in my top 10 list of glass cutters is this excellent tool. Before getting this one, I used the other interchangeably. However, since I got this glass cutter, I have never considered using any other products. In fact, I am planning to get a second one for using interchangeably with the current one.
Having used it for years, I can confidently attest that it is the most durable one on the market. Also, the improved spring-controlled system allows the free-rolling wheel to cut through glass effortlessly. Last but not least, the adjustable grip handle allows for multiple comfort options while the proven TAP wheel technology works to make work easier for me.
- Features a four-position saddle â€“ adjustable for all hand sizes
- Refined oil-fed system â€“ can be used with or without oil!
- Durable carbide steel cutting wheel outlasts conventional cutters
Why Should You Go For The Reviewed Glass Cutter?
- Value for your money – No one would like to waste money on inferior products. For this reason, you should consider going for one of these items as they ensure that value for your payment has been achieved.
- They are durable – Durability of any tools is very essential. It ensures that you don’t incur repetitive costs.
- They are of high-quality – Not all manufacturers in this industry prioritize quality; some are just after your money.
- They are sharp – The sharpness of the cut is determined by the wheel hone angle. Usually, the larger the angle, the sharper the cutter is.
Before you can finally get your perfect glass cutter, usually, you have to waste your money on some inferior models, as it was in my case. To avoid learning from your own mistakes, you should consider getting one of the reviewed glass cutters. Believe me, they hardly disappoint.