At a glance......
- 1 At a Glance of Deepika Padukone
- 2 Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- 3 Family and Relatives
- 4 Marital Status, Affairs, Girlfriends
- 5 Life Before becoming an actress
- 6 Deepika Padukone Diet Chart
- 7 Deepika’s Secret
- 8 Deepika’s Weakness
- 9 Deepika’s Diet Rules
- 10 Deepika Padukone’s Workout – A Blend Of Exercises
- 11 Deepika Padukone’s Fitness Trainer Yasmin Karachiwala Reveals
- 12 Deepika Padukone’s Tips For A Slim And Fit Body
- 13 How Often Deepika Padukone Works Out
User Review( votes)
Deepika Padukone (born 5 January 1986) is an Indian film actress. The highest-paid actress in India, Padukone is the recipient of several awards, including three Filmfare Awards. She features in listings of the nation’s most popular personalities, and Time named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2018.
Padukone, the daughter of the badminton player Prakash Padukone, was born in Copenhagen and raised in Bangalore. As a teenager, she played badminton in national level championships but left her career in the sport to become a fashion model. She soon received offers for film roles and made her acting debut in 2006 as the title character of the Kannada film Aishwarya.
At a Glance of Deepika Padukone
|Original/Real Name||Deepika Padukone|
|Date of Birth||5 January 1986|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Debut||Bollywood: Om Shanti Om (2007)Kannada: Aishwarya (2006)|
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height (Centimeters)||174 cm|
|Height (meters)||1.74 m|
|Height (Inches)||5′ 8½”|
|Weight (Kilograms)||58 Kg|
|Weight (Pounds)||127 lbs|
|Breast’s Size||Not known|
|Waist’s Size||26 Inches|
|Shoe’s Size||8 (US)|
Family and Relatives
|Father’s Name||Prakash Padukone(former International level badminton player)|
|Mother’s Name||Ujjala Padukone (worked as a travel agent)|
|Sisters||Anisha Padukone (younger, golfer)|
Marital Status, Affairs, Girlfriends
|Boyfriend||Siddharth Mallya, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh|
|Education Qualification and Schooling/College|
|School||Sophia High School, Bengaluru|
|College/ University||Indira Gandhi National Open University(discontinued later because of her modelling career)|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Favourites Things and Like & Dislike|
|Hobbies||Reading books, playing Badminton, Dancing|
|Favourite Food||South Indian Cuisine|
|Favourite Movie||Maine Pyar kya, 3 idiots|
|Favourite Actress||Preity Zinta, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Hema Malini, Sridevi|
|Favourite Color||White, Mauve|
|Favourite Actor||Richard Gere, Brad Pitt, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Salary||15 Crores (INR)|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
|E-Mail Address||Not Available|
|Phone Number||Not Available|
|House Address||B Wing, Cozihom, Pali Hill, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
Life Before becoming an actress
- Deepika was born in a family of former badminton player Prakash Padukone and travel agent Ujjala both are belong to Konkani language and her sister Anisha is a golfer.
- Her grandfather Ramesh, was a secretary of the Mysore Badminton Association. She belongs to Bangalore, India.
- She started her studies at Bangalore’s Sophia High School and completed her pre-university education at Mount Carmel College.
- Deepika, later on, admits at the Indira Gandhi National Open University for a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology but later quit it due to scheduling conflicts with her modeling career.
- She focused on badminton, which she played competitively from a young age. In 2012, Interview Deepika said, “I would wake up at five in the early morning, go for physical fitness training, go to school, again go for playing badminton, finish my homework, and go to sleep”.
- Along with Badminton, she played baseball in a few state-level tournaments.
- At the age of eight, she appears in a couple of advertising and in 10 grade, she changed focus and decided to become a fashion model.
- In 2004, under the tutelage of Prasad Bidapa, she started a full-time career as a model.
- In 2006, she won the “Model of the Year” award at the Kingfisher Fashion Awards.
- At the age of 21, she migrated from Bangalore to Mumbai and stayed at her aunt’s home. On this year she featuring in the music video for Himesh Reshammiya’s song “Naam Hai Tera.”
Deepika Padukone Diet Chart
- Breakfast: Low-fat milk, two egg whites or dosa, idli, and upma
- Lunch: 2 chapattis, fresh vegetables, grilled fish
- Evening snacks: Filter coffee, nuts
- Dinner: Veggies, chapattis, fresh green salads
- Seasonal fruits (such as mangoes and grapes), coconut water or fresh, natural juices
- Dark chocolates
Though Deepika has a good metabolism, she makes sure she eats healthy and has 6 meals a day. Her daily diet includes a lot of foods rich in dietary fiber, proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, complex carbs, vitamins, and minerals. Deepika doesn’t believe in crash dieting and has her meals at the right time of the day. If she skips a meal due to a busy day at the shoot, she keeps herself hydrated by drinking fruit juices, coconut water, buttermilk, and water. She also avoids eating rice for dinner. Here is Deepika’s diet plan.
|Meals||What Deepika Eats|
|Early Morning (5:30 am)||1 cup warm water with honey and juice of 1 limeOr
1 cup water with fenugreek seeds soaked overnight
|Breakfast (7:30 am)||2 egg whites + 2 almonds + 1 cup low-fat milkOr
2 egg whites + 2 idlis/2 plain dosas/2 servings of upma
|Pre-Lunch Snack (10:00 am)||A bowl of fruits|
|Lunch (12:30-1:00 pm)||3 oz grilled fish and veggies|
|Evening Snack||Filter coffee and 2 almonds or 5 pecan nuts|
Chapati and veggies
And occasionally a piece of dark chocolate
Deepika has a very good metabolic rate because she never starves herself. Every two hours, she drinks coconut water or fruit/vegetable juice. This keeps her body cells active, thereby leading to weight loss.
Like most of us, Deepika also craves for sweets every now and then. She says that it is good to treat yourself sometimes. It is a known fact that when you keep eating the same calories every day, your body gets adapted and your metabolism stalls. So, you should alter your diet once in a week or two weeks. Consume fewer or more calories than what your usual diet allows. This will keep your metabolism firing. Deepika likes chocolates and sweets and eats them once in a while.
Deepika’s Diet Rules
- Avoid overeating
- Eat at the right time
- Do not deprive yourself
- Include fruits and veggies in your diet
- No rice after 7 pm
Though Deepika follows a good nutrition plan, she also follows a fitness regimen. When you don’t burn the calories you consume, you tend to gain weight. And being in the show business, no top actress can afford that. Here is Deepika’s workout routine.
Deepika Padukone’s Workout – A Blend Of Exercises
She trains with Yasmin Karachiwala, who also introduced her to Pilates. Here’s what Yasmin says about Deepika’s workout routine.
Deepika Padukone’s Fitness Trainer Yasmin Karachiwala Reveals
Yasmin goes into the details of Deepika’s training routine and emphasizes how important it is to have self-control and willpower to control urges that work against you. Deepika trains with her every day for an hour. When she is shooting at outdoor locations, she does Pilates and yoga all by herself. Pilates has worked wonders for her body and uses a combination of strength and yoga to tighten the core muscles of the body and relax the mind. As a routine, it helps build flexibility and creates endurance in the legs, abdominals, back, and arms through resistance training. It also involves a steady control of breathing that helps to relieve stress and allows oxygen to reach the core muscles. The flexibility helps coordination and balance and adequately trains all the muscle groups in the body. Here is Deepika’s workout routine.
Yoga – Deepika likes to start her day with yoga. It improves concentration and strength and keeps her mind calm and active throughout the day. This dusky beauty also believes that asanas, pranayamas, and meditation help to flush the toxins out of the body. She does the following:
- Surya Namaskar – 10 reps
- Marjarisana or Cat Pose
- Virabhadrasana or Warrior Pose
- Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand
Dance – We know that Deepika is a great dancer, and all credit goes to her dance training. She enjoys dancing, which also helps her to burn calories. She trains in different forms of dance, such as jazz, Kathak, Bharatnatyam, and Bollywood.
Walking – Sometimes, Deepika doesn’t get the time to train with Karachiwala, especially if she is shooting. In such cases, Deepika makes sure she gets her exercise by walking. She walks for 30 minutes in the morning as well as evening. It helps her burn calories and also relieves stress.
Pilates And Stretching – It is due to Yasmin Karachiwala that Deepika likes to do Pilates so much. It has redefined her workout regimen. Pilates and stretching have worked wonders by strengthening her core, increasing her flexibility, and improving her posture. The Pilates machine and props, such as resistance bands, wunda chair, foam weights, etc., are used for her overall workout. This makes her body look lean and not too muscular. “We also have a jumping series of the Pilates, which is a combination of cardio and Pilates,” says Yasmin. “Here, we do the jumping squat or walking lunges that may be accompanied by lightweights of a kilo or two. I also like to intersperse a minute or two of cardio between other routines.” Since Deepika exercises daily to prevent soreness in the body, weight training is kept to a minimum.
Gym – Deepika is not a gym woman, but she goes to the gym if she wants to change her workout routine. She also likes to hit the gym when she is traveling and/or has a busy day. She also trains with light weights, keeping in mind the kind of clothes she will wear for the shoot the next day. If she has to wear shorts, she likes to tone up her thigh and calf muscles. If she has to wear a bikini, she trains to tone up all the muscles of the body.
Apart from working out and eating healthy, Deepika makes sure to follow these points.
Deepika Padukone’s Tips For A Slim And Fit Body
- Workout regularly and eat well
- Stay hydrated
- Get good sleep
- Keep the stress away by meditating
- For a flat tummy, work your abs and avoid junk food
- Do a mix of exercises to keep your workout plan enjoyable
- Follow a diet plan that suits your body the best
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
Here’s a video of Deepika’s workout session. You can see how she mixes all kinds of exercises and keeps herself motivated to workout regularly.
How Often Deepika Padukone Works Out
When she is not traveling, she works out every day. She enjoys working out, and it keeps her healthy and ever ready. If she is traveling for a shoot, she skips exercising if it is too busy a day. However, she takes out time for meditating every day.
Deepika Padukone has been ruling Bollywood for a decade now. This lean and sultry Bollywood actress has worked hard to attain a body that inspires all. She works hard and leads a healthy lifestyle. In fact, that is the main mantra for anyone to succeed in life. Like her, you too can build strength, stamina, and power. Be committed to your fitness goals, and you can see wonders happening.